sabato 27 marzo 2010

Back...

Back from the DPG in Germany! very pleasant stay. Godd bavarian beer, good bretzel, nice weather. Big enough to get lost, with a well-done symposium on theoretical physics. Germans are nice and fuckin' well organized. Nothing to say against, nothing to complain. We should look around more in Italy, take example from other successfull experience. And to me a bit more motivated. Everytime I'm around abroad, verytime I meet new guys from physics or not, my mind goes to my country, to what I left there, to what I would really find there, to what I miss and what is missing. Perfection doesn't exist, but can we fly down a while, take a breath and push our ruined country higher? can we take it higher? Why are we italians always tagged with fancy adjectives? No one hates us, for sure: but how is considered our reputation outside? what do they associate to our nationality...? the mafia party I saw 2 days ago? We are everywhere around Europe and not only. We bring with us fantasy, creativity, good mood good feelings, center of aggregation for people, no matter where are you, no matter where you come from. Almost everywhere reallly nice words for us. But at the end of the day....what does prevent us to be considered cool and "higly rated" people? or, why do we alway do our best to screw up things?????

Nessun commento: